Campus Administrative Email System
Policy for Use
The Campuswide Administrative Email System was created to convey urgent and time-sensitive messages, particularly those regarding the health and safety of campus community members. It is also used to send key strategic messages from the Chancellor, Campus Provost, Deans, and Vice Chancellors.
Because of the probability that this system will be used in times of emergency, campus recipients (faculty, staff, and students) may not opt out of this system's distribution list. However, it is understood that for this system to be effective, it must be used sparingly and the messages kept as brief as possible.
The email system is reserved for messages that meet two criteria:
- They are urgent, needing immediate distribution.
- They are of broad interest and importance to the campus community.
Emergency information, notice of appointments to senior campus positions, and other urgent messages from the Chancellor, Campus Provost, Deans, and Vice Chancellors are examples of messages appropriate for distribution by the Campus Administrative Email System.
For messages that do not fit the policy, alternative distribution methods are suggested. These include:
- item or ad in Student Media publications or outlets
- targeted email distribution within sponsor's own unit/division (not distributed or maintained as part of campuswide system)
- paper flyer/memo distribution to units or individuals (see Printing Services and Mail Services for costs)